Atmospheric researchers from Forschungszentrum Jülich, the Rhenish Institute for Environmental Research, University of Cologne, as well as the University of Wuppertal and the Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy, all in Germany, have decided to establish a research network entitled “The Reacting Atmosphere – Understanding and Management for Future Generations”.
The networs aims at:
- Understanding the highly complex controlled atmospheric cycle by consideration of all factors of influence,
- Identifying important atmospheric processes,
- Examining political measures to their reciprocal effects,
- Deriving recommendations of how to make target-oriented suggestions in a changing world.
To this end, outstanding skills in atmospheric research as well as the analysis of political and socio-economic conclusions and their conversion shall be united to create an internationally visible competence center.
- Forschungszentrum Jülich, Jülich, Germany
- Rhenish Institute for Environmental Research, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
- University of Wuppertal, Wuppertal, Germany
- Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy, Wuppertal, Germany