As part of the continued commitment of Chemistry—A European Journal in raising the profile of chemistry in Europe, various speakers and symposia conveners at the 3rd European Chemistry Congress were invited to contribute an article to the journal. All articles were peer-reviewed and the result is a special issue.
The majority of the authors of this issue are invited speakers, including a Review entitled “Model Studies in Heterogeneous Catalysis” from H.-J. Freund, Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society, Berlin, Germany, who will be a plenary speaker at the conference.
In addition, two of the Communication articles have been judged by two referees as being “very important” (VIP articles), the first by F. G. N. Cloke et al., University of Sussex, Brighton, UK, and the second by G. C. Lloyd-Jones et al.,University of Bristol, Bristol, UK.
The 3rd European Chemistry Congress entitled “Chemistry—The Creative Force” takes place between August 29 and September 2, 2010, in Nürnberg (Nuremberg) in Bavaria, Germany.
Co-organized by the European Association of Chemical and Molecular Sciences (EuCheMS) and the Gesellschaft Deutsche Chemiker (GDCh), the hosting chemical society, the congress will focus on seven hot topics:
1) Innovative Materials
2) Resources and Environment
3) Supramolecular Systems
5) Molecular Life Sciences
6) Analysis, Manipulation and Simulation
7) Advances in Organic and Inorganic Chemistry.
The Chemistry Congress in Nürnberg is also a further step towards establishing a regular European counterpart to the Spring and Fall Meetings of the American Chemical Society.
More ChemViews articles about the EuCheMS
- News: Uncultured Bacteria Electrophoreses removes the need to culture bacteria samples before identification
- News: Heinrich Emanuel Merck Award Award for analytical science presented to Luisa Torsi, University of Bari, Italy
- News: Catalytic Models Surface-science based models for heterogeneous catalysis illuminated with examples
- News: All the Colors of the Sun Ru-based dye and Ti nanoparticles combine to give solar cells of high efficiency and a variety of colors
- News: Lighting the Way Chelation enhanced fluorescence of amino acids helps illuminate kinase activity in cancer cells
- News: Special Issue: 3rd EuCheMS Congress Special Issue of Chemistry—A European Journal with articles of speakers at the 3rd European Chemistry Congress
- Interview: Chemistry – The Creative Force Chemistry conferences like the Football Champions League? The organizers of the 3rd EuCheMS Congress think so
- News: C. N. R. Rao Will Be Awarded C. N. R. Rao will be presented with the August-Wilhelm-von-Hofmann-Denkmünze for his outstanding contributions in the field of solid-state chemistry
- News: Matthias Beller Awarded Matthias Beller will be presented with the first European Sustainable Chemistry Award for his work in the field of homogeneous catalysis
- Conference Profile: 3rd EuCheMS Congress Chemistry – A Creative Force. European chemical societies invite chemists from all backgrounds to a multidisipinary conference.
- Video: Poster: Selectivity Determination Of Racemic Catalyst Mixtures
- Video: Poster: Combination of Metal- and Organocatalysis